Does the building conform to standards with respect to use, occupancy, building services, and plumbing facilities?
Is the building exterior properly lighted and are all parking and walking surfaces in good condition & free of debris and properly marked?
In winter is all ice and snow & cleared from all walking, parking & driving areas & de iced immediately?
Are doors and entrances clear from hazards and unobstracted?
Are doors and entrances kept unlocked or have suitable panic locks?
All ceiling tiles clean and in place [no water damage etc.]?
Is there an active safety & health program in place?
Is one person clearly in charge of safety & health issues [ competent person]?
Are emergency procedures and numbers as well as directions to nearest Doctor & Hospital posted?
Is there a procedure for handling complaints regarding safety and health?
All doors leading to restricted areas have proper signs?
Are bulletin boards and signs clean and readable?
Are floors free from loose material, debris, worn carpeting?
Are floors clean?
Is there a sign when floors are slippery, oily or wet?
Are lamp reflectors clean and fixtures in good condition?
Are bulbs missing or not working?
Are any areas dark?
Are chairs free from defects and in good operating order?
Are desks and cabinets free from sharp edges?
Are ergonomics (keyboard elevation, chair adjustment) correct?
Are electrical wiring properly concealed?
Are wall and ceiling fixtures fastened securely?
Are paper and waste properly disposed of?
Are desk and file drawers kept closed when not in use?
Are materials improperly stacked on desks or cabinets?
Are file cabinet drawers loaded below their rated capacity and are cabinets secured to wall?
Are file cabinets loaded with the heaviest items in the bottom drawers?
ELECTRICAL / MECHANICAL SYSTEMS AUDITED?
Are HVAC filters changed & equipment serviced on a regular basis ?
Is the system free from sources of contamination (asbestos, microorganisms, dust, fumes)?
Only correct heavy duty electric cords used when temporary power is needed , no surge protector strips etc?
GFCI outlets [breakers] are used wherever needed??
All electric panels are marked & covered with 3' clear in front at all times?
All gas meters are marked properly with 3' clear and protected in front at all times?
All electric boxes are covered & marked & wiring is neat and correct ?
Is temperature, humidity & air quality correct and even throughout?
No portable heaters of fans permitted?
Are all fire alarm systems and fire sprinkler systems regularly tested and certified?
Are all fire alarm systems pull stations kept clear and properly signed?
Are maps posted showing exit routes[u are here], pull station & fire extinguisher locations?
Is fire control equipment appropriate for the type of fire it must control and are employees trained to use it properly or are employees trained to leave the building immediately ?
Are emergency lights, exit signs and fire extinguishers tested & serviced on a regular basis with records kept?
Proper amount size, type and locations for fire extinguishers ?
are all fire exit doors and devices tested on a regular basis and recorded?
Are fire / emergency drills carried out on a regular basis and it the area of assembly clearly marked with competent person to check attendance?
Are there any controlled or dangerous substances?
• Are the products properly labelled with corresponding NFPA or SDS numbers?
• Are proper NFPA or SDS posters displayed?
• Is there a corresponding material safety data sheet (SDS) for each product &are they easily accessible to all workers?
• Are all hazardous chemicals stored separated and handled properly?
• Are proper cabinets used for storage and properly labeled as needed?
• Are gas cylinders stored and handled properly. is signage correct & visible?
• Are gas cylinders changed by a properly trained worker using proper PPE?
• Are workers trained in how to use, store & dispose of these products safely?
• Proper eye wash / emergency showers installed and tested on a regular basis and recorded?
• Proper PPE is easily available to all workers. all workers trained in proper PPE and its use?
• any gasoline or other fuel is stored in proper safety cans with NFPA labels and a fire extinguisher nearby?
Lunch room, rest rooms audited?
Are washrooms and food preparation areas kept clean,with trash emptied regularly ?
• are toilets and wash areas kept clean and provide a rest [couch] section?
• showers provided if required?
• proper clothing storage provided if required
• change rooms if required
• clean cool drinking water provided
• lunchrooms with seating areas and refrigerator available, if a microwave is available fire extinguisher must be nearby
• field accommodations when needed
Are measures in place to prevent the spread of disease?
Material storage audited [non hazardous]?
Are materials neatly and safely racked or shelved & marked?
Are there proper stepladders to get to materials on higher shelves if needed?
Are storage shelves loaded below their rated capacity?
Are storage shelves secure?
Are aisles and walk ways marked and kept clear at all times?
Are large and heavy objects stored on lower shelves?
Are passageways and work areas clear of obstructions?
Do entry and exit procedures provide workers personal security day and night?
are areas that need to be secure protected by selective entry systems [badges / codes, keys etc.]?
Are emergency (evacuation, fire, bomb threat, hostile person) procedures in place?
Write any recommendations here