Prior to conducting the pre-start inspection. You need to follow the following Mining Site operational requirements.
1. Review this document in it’s entirety prior to commencing the inspection.
2. Relocate vehicle to a fundamentally stable, safe and secure location if required.
3. Conduct a risk assessment (Take 5) for this task.
4. Don appropriate PPE. At a minimum, site standard PPE plus disposable gloves.
5. If conducting this inspection in the pit area, you must review the geological and survey data prior. This isn’t necessary if conducting the inspection at the ROM, CHPP, Admin area, Maintenance Workshops or other areas approved by the SSE.
6. The testing requirements are as follows:
- Coordinate the inspection with any other persons working in the area.
- Check maintenance logbook for any outstanding issues
- Visually check the outside of the vehicle first, including body, tyres, tow hitch, light housings, mud guards, flags, revolving light and, two -way antenna.
- Check functionality of lights, horn, alarms, indicators
- Check all other items as per the checklist and record the results accordingly
- Sign the logbook when finished and report operational statue to your supervisor
7. In case of an Emergency during testing, such as engine fire, evacuate the area and following the site emergency reporting procedures. (Radio Channel 2 or Ext 2222 - Emergency, Emergency, Emergency etc...)
Vehicle ID number:
Vehicle serviced according to schedule
Engine in good working condition
Vehicle ID on doors visible
Any Apparent Leaks
Turn signals operational
Break lights operational
Flashing Lights and flag
Vehicle body in good condition
Tyres in good condition
Truck bed and cab clean and organized
Job Docket Book
Fire extinguisher charged and inspected
Spill kit complete
First aid kit stocked and up to date
Emergency Stop Buttons
Two-way radio operational
Hazard cones available and in good condition
Enter/list issues here.