The hazard inspection must be conducted by a Supervisor and/or Safety and Health Representative and/or an employee, as follows:
1. For EVERY inspection requirement, indicate the item as Compliant (C), Non-Compliant (NC) or Not Applicable (N/A)
2. For every non-compliance identified, provide the location and a description in the comments section. Note: Include positive comments on section. Note: Include positive comments on compliance, not just negatives
3. Enter defects or non-compliances in the applicable site registers, i.e. electrical equipment defects must be entered into the Electrical Register
4. At inspection completion, discuss the non-conformances with the Area Superintendent and determine an action, completion date and responsible person - enter this in the agreed actions section of this form
5. Forward the completed inspection to the Safety Department
6. The Safety Department is to check that ALL identified non-conformances for that month have been corrected and or entered into INX.
Fixed pedestal grinder
Enter the fixed pedestal grinder ID number and location
Is the OEM manual supplied?
- in English?
- includes work instructions?
- identifies hazards?
Is personal protective equipment signage displayed?
Is appropriate personal protective equipment available?
- Safety glasses, mono goggles and face shield
- hearing protection - ear plugs or ear muffs
Is the resting plate 3mm offset from the grinding wheel / stone?
Does the grinding wheel require replacing due to wear?
Does signage / information advise the user what compatible materials may be used on grinding wheel / stone?
Are guards in place, secured and in good condition?
Are electrical cords in good condition and tagged appropriately?
Is the footswitch in good condition and free from obstructions?
Is the pedestal grinder securely bolted down?
Is the area kept tidy and housekeeping practices maintained? I.e free of trip hazards