1. Parking lot visually appealing. Clean and free of debris.
2. Parking lot in good repair. No potholes, striping clear, bumpers unbroken.
3. Sidewalks/Outside Furniture clean, in good repair and free of debris. No gum or stains.
4. Cigarette Snuffer clean, in good repair; no cigarette butts on ground around it.
5. Trash area clean and in good repair. Doors and lids closed. Grease receptacle clean.
6. DT preview board and extenders clean and readable. Set up to standards. Numbers aligned. Spike signs in good repair and per marketing guide.
7. DT Order Confirmation Board (OCB) operating, clear current graphics, clean, speaker sound clear with no distortion. CKE approved decals posted and in good condition.
8. DT Menu Board POP not faded. Plexiglass clear (not scratched or clouded). Not in need of paint or repair. Doors and Panels closed and locked.
9. Building walls, awnings and doors clean and in good repair. News racks are clean and in good repair. Awning lights working and free of missing bulbs.
10. DT lane not cluttered, clean, in good repair.
11. DT windows: 1st window (if applicable) and passout window are not cluttered, decals if applicable are in good condition. DT windows and ledges clean. Hours and response line numbers posted. Window closed between cars.
12. Milk crates, bun racks and other spare equipment not stored outside. Hose not stored in view of guests. Mouse traps out of view of guests.
13. All areas landscaped. No weeds or dead plants. Free of litter.
14. American and/or company flag not torn/tattered; clean; illuminated from dusk til dawn.
15. POP: Only approved and current POP is displayed; effectively displayed per marketing guide. Marquee correct and working.
16. Building lights and signage working, clean and in good repair.
1. Doors clean (glass and frames) and in good repair, rodent proof. HFS and/or RB logo decals are the only decals on the doors (except doors with star door etching).
2. Required decals/signage posted in an area visible to guests (Business Hours, Handicap access, Franchise ID Plaque, and Guest Response Line number). Health Inspection posted as required.
3. Floor mats clean, in good repair.
4. Floors clean and dry, wet floor signs in use (stored away from guest view when not in use). Wet floor signs clean and in good repair.
5. Frontline counters, registers, toppers, walls and floors clean and in good repair. No clutter, trash or trays on counters or equipment.
6. Menu board translites not faded, numbers lined up and matching, current approved POP displayed per Marketing Guide. Menu Board in good condition, lights working (cool white bulbs.) Frosted side of glass out to reduce glare for guest.
7. Carpet/tile/baseboards, stain free, in good repair. No missing or broken tiles.
8. Tables/Boothes clean and in good repair. Do not wobble.
9. Tables set up to standard.
10. High chairs and booster seats; available, clean, safety strap present and working, in good repair, stored neatly.
11. Wall decor and plants (if applicable) are clean and in good repair.
12. Ceiling air vents, tiles, fans clean; securely mounted; in good repair.
13. Windows, ledges, glass dividers, Star Toppers (if applicable) clean and in good repair.
14. All lights on, clean and working, no burned out bulbs.
15. Window coverings are hung evenly; clean and in good repair.
16. Trash drops; clean, lined, not overflowing with trash; no apparent odor; trays are removed.
17. Dining room temperature is comfortable; music or video system is on and at appropriate volume; Video System Muted if music is playing.
1. Toilets and urinals clean and in good repair.
2. Stocked with appropriate paper products; hand dryer is working (if available).
3. Ceiling, lights, doors, partitions and vents clean and in good repair.
4. Floors clean and dry; wet floor signs in use. Walls clean.
5. Trash can clean and free from odor; liners used; not overflowing.
6. Sanitary holder clean; lined with bag; covered and in good repair.
7. Odor free; well ventilated.
8. Soap and hot water available (Water temp minimum 100 degrees F).
9. Sinks and mirrors clean and in good repair. Hand washing signs posted.
10. Vestibule area is clean; litter free and in good repair.
1. Employees are smiling and speaking to or acknowledging each guest at every opportunity.
2. Employees speak in a clear, friendly voice, making eye contact with guests and maintaining good posture. Appropriate number of registers open for sales volume.
3. Cashiers allow guest the time to place their order; employees listening carefully to guests; the guest is not rushed or interrupted. Employees not engaging in personal conversations.
4. FL Cashiers follow HFS order taking process; Friendly Greeting with featured product, Combo, Upsize, Order Confirmation, Please/Thank You, Numbers given to Guests. (All steps needed for a YES.)
5. All Employees demonstrating sense of urgency and responsiveness to guests.
6. Dining Room Delivery: Four Steps of Table Scripting followed - Friendly Greeting, Deliver Food, Provide Correct Condiments and Comment Card along with a Thank You.
7. Employees are offering extra assistance at every opportunity (offering drink refills; helping guests with special needs-getting high chairs or booster seats for small children, helping take larger orders to guest's car, removing trays, open doors, etc.)
8. Drive thru communication equipment and timers functional.
9. DT: Answered with immediate friendly greeting (smile heard in the voice); guest not placed on hold.
10. DT Cashiers follow HFS order taking process; Friendly Greeting with featured product, Combo, Upsize, Order Confirmation, Please/Thank You. (All steps needed for a YES.)
11. DT: Proper closing used at the window; order is delivered courteously to guest, receipt and napkins placed neatly in bag; appropriate thank you given.
12. DT: Cars are pulled only when the next car's order is ready (when order is ready the runner takes the order out to the guest and politely says 'Here is your order; thanks for waiting.')
13. Proper handling of To Go order delivery (Verify order, offer anything else, deliver order courteously with napkins and straws and appropriate thank you).
14. Gift cards available. POP is posted as directed by Marketing. Cashier knowledgeable.
1. Orders are keyed in correctly.
2. Orders are assembled correctly at Centerpost.
3. All special orders are marked using correct dot label(s); punch holes are used for product in boxes.
4. To Go/Drive-Thru orders include: 1 napkin per sandwich; 2 napkins per Thickburger; 1 napkin per other food item; 1 straw per cold beverage; if more than two drinks are ordered the guest is offered a drink carrier. Bags not overstuffed. Bags are folded and presented properly, receipt placed in or on the bag.
5. Condiment requests are handled according to procedures (If guest requests condiments, cashier asks 'How many would you like?')
6. Orders are double-checked for accuracy prior to handing to the guest (DT/To go).
7. Drive-Thru zones are used according to proper procedures/standards (receipts in zones; drinks, napkins and condiments placed in zones; as order is filled, bag is placed in zone; receipt placed in bag). DT set up to current DTOS.
# of Employees on floor including Management:
# of Employees in Drive Thru:
1. Location - Day Part
2. Location - Day Part
3. Location - Day Part
4. Location - Day Part
5. Location - Day Part
6. Location - Day Part
7. Location - Day Part
8. Location - Day Part
9. Location - Day Part
10. Location - Day Part
11. Location - Day Part
12. Location - Day Part
13. Location - Day Part
14. Location - Day Part
15. Location - Day Part
16. Location - Day Part
17. Location - Day Part
18. Location - Day Part
19. Location - Day Part
20. Location - Day Part
1. Clean approved uniforms/ DT Jacket (current program). Approved name tags.
2. Hand washing policy observed.
3. All employees wearing appropriate dark-colored leather or vinyl safety shoes.
4. Male employees neatly trimmed facial hair.
5. Professional image displayed at all times. No gum chewing, eating or drinking while working in guest's view. No employee drink cups in food prep areas. Cell phones secured, no offensive or excessive tatoos or body piercings, no extreme hairdos or fingernails.
1. All hood and filter screens, clean and fit properly. Last service date:
2. Charbroiler clean, assembled properly, and in good repair.
3. Biscuit ovens; clean, good repair, labeled for proper rotation. Timers working properly. Adequate number of ovens for volume.
4. Biscuit tables and smallwares to standard (no wobbly tables).
5. Chicken Tender equipment clean, in good repair and proper smallwares.
6. Extinguishers: BC (12 mo), K (12 mo), Ansul (6 mo); mounted, tagged, labeled, charged, caps, pipes.
7. Fryer equipment clean, no obvious safety problems, set to proper temperature. Baskets in good repair. Filtering equipment working properly. Timers working properly.
8. Grill clean and good working order. Timers working properly and smallwares available.
9. All food warmers clean and in good working order (make-up heatwells, overshelf).
10. Make-up table clean and in good repair, proper pans, tongs, squeeze bottles. Timing system available. Heated surface for product assembly.
11. Microwaves clean and in good repair; CKE and NSF approved. Timers working properly and labeled correctly.
12. Walk-in refrigerator : organized, food covered, not on floor, product dated and rotated. Floors, shelves, walls and fan guards clean. Lights and covers present.
13. Walk-in refrigerator and freezer: walk-in PHF's 36 degrees to 41 degrees F. Freezer 0 degrees to 10 degrees F,Thermometers present.
14. Meat bin and lid clean and in good repair; defrosted, product; thermometer Reach-ins: food covered, thermometers present, PHF's 36 degrees to 41 degrees F.
15. Ice machine clean, in good repair; ice scoops/buckets stored properly.
16. Floors, floor sinks free of debris; clean and in good repair.
17. Chemicals not stored next to or above food or packaging products. All containers labeled properly. MSDS available.
18. Hand sinks stocked with soap, paper towels and sanitizer; hot water minimum 100 degrees F.
19. Walls, ceilings, lighting, shelving, air vents clean and in good repair.Trash cans clean. Working wall clock.
21. Sanitizer bucket at cooks line (200 - 400ppm) bottles labeled; towels held in sanitizer solution.
22. 2/3 compartment sink: cleaning process followed; hot water minimum 120 degrees F.
23. Safety gloves, aprons, masks, equipment available and in good repair.
24. Fresh Baked Buns equipment clean and in good repair, smallwares, racks, covers, pans, brush.
25. Bun Slicer and cutting board clean and in good repair; knives sharp.
1. Hold times observed for prepared biscuit items in Transfer. Biscuit sandwiches 15 min maximum.
2. Cinnamon Raisin held properly with holding system in place.
3. Fruit Biscuit held properly with proper holding system in place.
4. Other finished breakfast products; Bowls, platters, non-biscuit sandwiches.
1. Biscuit mixed, rolled, cut and held per procedures; 1) proper steps used for mixing 2) proper rolling steps 3) proper cutting/panning steps 4) 30 min or less trim dough only used with fresh dough 5) Timing system in use for cut biscuits and/or trim dough.
2. Biscuits are baked and basted per procedures; 1) Racks in 1-3-5 positions 2) Baked on highest rack available 3) Biscuits are checked for internal doneness prior to basting 4) Calibrated thermometer is inserted into one biscuit per pan (170 to 205) 5) Biscuits are immediately moved to the holding area and timing number is used.
3. Biscuits meet quality standards; 1) Baked biscuits do not exceed 15 min hold time on overshelf 2) Biscuits meet finished product standards (per job aid) 3) Biscuits are discarded if not to standard.
4. Breakfast products assembled and wrapped correctly.
1. Bacon prepared and held per procedure.
2. Sausage gravy; held in 1/3 pan with lid and 5oz ladle; 170 degrees F-180 degrees F temp or higher; discard time 11AM.
3. Liquid eggs stored properly (not held in open carton/container; refrigerated until needed; held in a clean 1/6 size 6' deep stainless steel pan); Proper 1.5 oz ladle used; Temp 36 degrees to 41 degrees F; No more than 6 eggs cooked at a time.
4. Cooked sausage held in 1/3 size pan with metal drain insert and lid. Finished cooked sausage temp 160 degrees F or higher; held 140 degrees F or higher; 60 min hold time observed.
5. Other heatwell breakfast products; Ham, Grits, Smoked Sausage, Omelets, folded eggs.
6. Tongs are color coded and used properly
7. Overshelf products prepared and held per procedure.
1. Person in Charge and Biscuit Maker(s) certified on biscuits. Observe procedures.
2. Biscuit job aids posted: biscuit table (quality troubleshooting), overshelf area (quality troubleshooting).
1. Charbroiler calibrated using 9 to 1 meat patty. Internal temp min 160 degrees F.
2. Angus beefsteak patty thawed using proper procedures. (36 degrees - 41 degrees F)
3. Tongs are color coded and used properly.
4. Meat placed on broiler properly.
5. Cook all meat patties to proper temperature.
6. Cooked meat patty standards: meat is juicy with a moist glossy appearance, no charred edges, patty edge completely cooked.
7. Broiler bun platen adjusted to ensure contact is made with buns; Teflon sheets are clean and in good repair. Buns/all bread products are within code date and properly toasted golden brown.
9. Tempered products tagged correctly for discard time. Produce prepped to standard.
10. Prepped foods to OPM Standards, open products covered. All products tagged and dated.
11. Sandwiches neatly assembled and packaged to standards (correct tongs used for placing cooked meat patties on sandwiches, meat last item added, sauces properly portioned). Build charts available.
12. Heatwell products held properly - Mushrooms, chili; other
13. LTO products prepared and held properly.
1. Chicken breast thawing procedures followed.
2. Chicken breasts are placed on broiler properly and using dedicated tongs.
3. Chicken breasts are cooked to a minimim temperature of 140 degrees F.
1. Fryers: Shortening meets quality standards; not smoking, no off taste, meets color standard, test tube and color chart available, filled to level mark.
2. Fryer dump station clean with heating system working properly.
3. Fried products are crisp, not soggy, golden brown in color.
4. Fries cooked and salted properly; held properly
5. Crispy Curls or Onion Rings cooked properly; held properly
6. Hand Breaded Chicken Tenders properly prepared in correct basket.
7. Hand Breaded Chicken Tenders held properly within 30 min hold time.
8. Chicken Fillet cooked properly.
9. Chicken Fillet held properly.
10. Other lunch fried products prepared properly.
12. Hash Rounds prepared properly; held properly.
13. Other breakfast fried products prepared properly.
1. Side Salads correctly portioned and prepared properly.
2. Dessert Display clean and products displayed properly.
3. Cookies are within code date and prepared properly.
4. Apple Turnovers prepared properly and holding system in place.
1. Beverage bar is stocked, neat, clean and organized to standards. Approved Bevariety condiment holder available (if applicable), stocked and set up according to job aid. ADA insert mounted correctly, clean and stocked.
2. Drive-thru drink station is stocked, neat, clean and organized to standards.
3. Soft drink nozzles, ice chutes and drip tray are clean and free of build up.
4. Ice scoop is always used at DT drink station.
5. Iced Tea is within hold time prepared to standard; Iced tea urns labeled correctly. Sight glass clean.
6. Coffee is made and held to standard using approved equipment.
7. Hand-Scooped Ice Cream in freezer held at proper temperature 0 degrees -10 degrees F; tubs dated.
8. Ice cream cups are properly pre-portioned (8oz) and held frozen on the racks in the dipping cabinet or on trays covered with plastic wrap (6-hr hold time observed). Not staged with lids.
9. Hand-Scooped Ice Cream Shakes and Malts are portioned and assembled correctly (Shakes and Malts).
10. Mixer: cleaned and sanitized properly and regularly; Cleaning times noted on posted chart (If applicable). Metal rinse cup present. Sanitized every four hours.
11. Syrup pumps are cleaned and sanitized properly once a week.
12. Dipwell on and water running when in use. Clean, dry, empty and sanitized when not in use. Utensils properly stored when not in use.
13. Other drinks displayed and served to standard.
1. Current OPM is accessible; PIC knowledgeable at locating/using it.
2. QA/Health Reports on file; all issues corrected; no repeats.
3. Food flow and bin levels during breakfast being managed to ensure quality and speed.
4. Restaurant Operating System (ROS) is completed, communicated and executed to ensure balanced food flow and 'aces in their places'.
5. Pathing is done at every opportunity including dining room, rest rooms, outside, and back of the restaurant.
6. Circles of influence and back up assignments are being executed.
7. Daily temperature tracking forms completed and filed properly.
8. Proper guest service and table service is excuted to standard.
9. Management are in proper uniform; clean, neat, with nametag.
10. PIC is being an example for others to follow by demonstrating Hardee's standards and expectations.
11. Designated training area neat, organized and all materials up to date.
12. P.I.C. coaching, directing, and taking appropriate action.
1.Buns proofed correctly; 1) 2 empty pans on top shelf of rack (side by side touching) 2) pan liners used 3) 6 frozen dough pieces per pan 4) pans spaced apart on shelf (2 per shelf) 5) hot water from hot water dispenser (200 +/- 5) in 2-1/3 size pans on bottom shelf 6) Buns labeled with 3 day discard date 7) proofing guide or proofing spec card used to ensure buns are fully proofed.
2.Egg Washing - Egg washed prepared correctly, correct brush (green) used, egg wash buns entire surface, 4 hr hold time on egg wash.
3. Baking - Ovens calibrated 325 degrees F, up to 3 pans of buns baked in oven, baked for 12 min., baked buns placed on rack beginning at bottom, buns cooled for 2 hours prior to closing bag, Reference Fresh Baked Bun Spec Card for size and color.
4.Slicing / Bagging - Minimum 12 hours prior to slicing buns, knife sharp to prevent tearing buns, 6 buns placed into bag, bag closed tightly with 3 day discard, yellow basket holds maximum of 5 bags (30 buns).
5. Toasting - Teflon sheets clean and in good condition, platens not warped, bun platen temp 525 - 550 degrees F, bun platen height adjusted for proper contact.
1.Fresh Baked Bun Production worksheet complete, adjusted per volume.
1.Person in charge verify all management and employees trained, observe procedures.
2.Fresh Baked Buns job aids posted; trouble shooting chart, proofing chart, cook time chart, production worksheet, specification card, Fresh Baked Bun procedure chart.