1. Inform ATC WM of planned runway closure time by phone
2. In coordination with ATC, the worksite will be delineated by suitable barriers where appropriate. This requirement keeps all vehicles together and stops them straying.
3. Subject to traffic and weather conditions, the above action can be carried out before the runway closes.
4. ADM issues relevant NOTAM.
1. Ensure that the following message is included in ATIS broadcast one hour before the planned closure time: "Be advised, runway xx/xx closure is planned to commence at (time)"
At the runway closure time the Air Controller is to:
1. Inform ADM when the last runway movement has occurred.
2. Deselect he appropriate runway and approach lighting when requested by the BIAL ADM. No training approaches will be permitted to the closed runway during WIP.
3. Request that DEO switch off the ILS if appropriate.
4. Put appropriate "blocker strip" in the runway bay.
5. Advise APC that runway xx is closed.
6. Confirm with the ADM that the runway is closed at (time).
7. Annotate the Watch Log.
On receipt of confirmation of the planned closure time from the BIAL ADM, the ATC WM is to:
1. Inform DEO.
2. Inform APC and any other local agencies who need to know.
3. Ensure ADC has completed above tasks.
4. When the above actions have been completed, inform the ADM that "All ATC/Engineering checks are complete".
The ADM will inform ATC in advance of the final runway inspection to permit ADC to select the appropriate runway, approach lights and ILS.
1. The ADM (or his appointed representative) will ensure that all vehicles have vacated the manoeuvring area, all barriers have been removed and the runway has been inspected before handing over the runway.
2. ADM will then advise ATC via RTF that runway xx is available for use.
On receipt of confirmation of the planned re-opening time from the ADM, inform:
Only after the ADM has handed back the runway via RTF, ADC will:
1. Select the appropriate lighting if required.
2. Request that DEO switch on ILS (if required).
3. Remove the runway "blocker strip" from the runway bay.
4. Advise APC that runway xx is available for use.
5. Remove ATIS message.
6. Annotate the Watch Log.