1. Are the customers greeted upon arrival?
2. Is the waiting area clean and inviting to the public?
3. Are the “Building Guides” up-to-date and available to the public?
4. Are all office employees compliant with the SAFEbuilt dress code?
5. Is the program information, (i.e. HIP, RR), displayed clearly for customers?
6. Are documents organized and ready for distribution?
7. Are business cards available to hand to customers?
8. Is survey information available for clients?
9. Are submittal checklists available for clients? And have they been completed?
10. Are the codes available to the customer?
11. Are the core values displayed and visible?
1. Is the monthly client reporting up to date?
2. Is the SAFEbuilt client report updated?
3. Is there a SAFEbuilt records retention policy?
4. Is there an activity report and is it up-to-date?
5. Have regularly scheduled check-in meetings with Clients been documented? Are they in compliance with SAFEbuilt standards?
6. Is the year end reporting up to date?
7. Are all permit files complete with all required information included?
8. Is there a “Cash Handling” policy in the office?
9. Are training plans available?
11. Are State/Federal employment posters posted in a visible location?
12. Are employee evaluations complete?
1. Homeowner Clinic (minimum one annually)
2. INSP (Inspection Notification Services Program)
3. Rapid Review
4. EPR (Electronic plan review)
5. Is there a BOA (board of appeals or board of adjustment) established for each client?
Community Outreach Plan
6. Regular staff meeting w/notes (internal)
1. Building Department Contact Information
2. Up to date Building guides
3. Required Inspections
5. Fees for all building services
6. Business Hours
Building Permit Application filled out completely?
Are Residential and Commercial application checklists available?
Has the project valuation been checked and revised?
Has all the building information (set backs, square foot, etc..) been input into the permitting system?
Have correction letters been uploaded to the permit system?
Are plan review check lists being used for plan reviews?
Do plans get stamped approved with the SAFEbuilt stamp?
Are all approved plans stored in one specific area?
Are you performing any audits on your plan reviews? If so, what percentage?
Do you have a specific area dedicated for plan reviews?