To view our Loss Prevention Standard that supports this checklist, please view the following link: https://broker.aviva.co.uk/documents/view/aviva_safeguarding_during_a_pandemic_lps.pdf
1. Are your safeguarding and protection policies and procedures:
• Up to date?
• Communicated to all staff and volunteers?
• An addendum for COVID-19 included?
• Updated in line with updated government and industry guidance?
2. Are your safeguarding and protection policies easily accessible for employees/volunteers/families/children?
3. Is safeguarding training carried out for all staff and volunteers and is refresher training undertaken?
4. Are staff and volunteers being provided with ongoing supervision, support, appraisal and training?
5. Are safeguarding recruitment checks being completed for all new starters including DBS checks?
6. Have safeguarding responsibilities and accountabilities being assigned to individuals and are these reviewed regularly?
7. Are procedures in place if the designated safeguarding lead is ill or self-isolating?
8. Are procedures or guidelines in place for carers who undertake intimate or personal care tasks?
9. Are GDPR requirements being maintained?
10. Have staff and volunteers been reminded of the incident reporting procedure and whistleblowing policy?
11. Is trend analysis being undertaken at regular intervals to assess the possible impact of the pandemic on safeguarding reports?
12. Do staff feel able to report:
• Suspected safeguarding concerns?
•.Poor working practice or unsafe behaviors?
• Changes in service users or other members of staff that may indicate abuse?
This document contains general information and guidance only and may be superseded and/or subject to amendment without further notice. Aviva has no liability to any third parties arising our of ARMS' communications whatsoever (including Loss Prevention Standards), and nor shall any third party rely on them. Other than liability which cannot be excluded by law, Aviva shall not be liable to any person for any indirect, special, consequential or other losses or damages of whatsoever kind arising out of access to, or use of, or reliance on anything contained in ARMS' communications. The document may not cover every risk, exposure or hazard that may arise and Aviva recommends that you obtain specific advice relevant to the circumstances.