Are all workers aware of the protocol to inform emergency response PIC when there is suspected case among depot workers?
Is there an emergency response PIC identified?
Are there posters and communication to staff members on ways to prevent the spread of infection?
Are your staff members aware of the symptoms of Covid-19?
Symptoms of Covid-19:
The main symptoms to look out for are:
1. A cough
2. A high temperature (38°C or greater)
3. Shortness of breath
Are there records of twice-daily temperature taking for all staff members?
Is there a log to record the temperature and details of visitors who visited the depot?
Have you reviewed the cleaning measures to ensure that high risk contact areas and touch points are being regularly disinfected?
You should ensure that public surfaces such as counters, doorknobs, handles and light switches are regularly disinfected
Is there regular disinfection for the office/depot?
Are staff members following the recommended hand washing protocol?
1. Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
2. Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
3. Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
4. Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
5. Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them
Are staff members wearing disposable gloves and gowns for all tasks in the cleaning process, including handling trash?
Gloves and gowns should be removed carefully to avoid contamination of the wearer and the surrounding area. Be sure to clean hands after removing gloves.
Cleaning staff should immediately report breaches in PPE (e.g., tear in gloves) or any potential exposures to their supervisor.
Are staff members following normal preventive actions while at work including cleaning hands and avoiding touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands?
Do you have readily available access to Hand Sanitizer for all staff members?
Does the Hand Sanitizer contain at least 60% alcohol content?
An alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60%-95% alcohol should be used. However, if hands are visibly dirty, always wash hands with soap and water.