Page de titre
Behavior Based Safety Program (BBS)
* Expected results
This audit is an initiative of the health and safety corporate committee that aims to:
-Promote and encourage safe behavior at work
- Provide leadership in OHS by being visible on the production floor
- A reduction in at risk behavior.
- A stronger OSH culture.
- Greater accountability of workers on their behavior.
- Greater collaboration on OSH between management and workers.
- Review the audit results
- Address the issues with the Health and Safety committees of his plant
- Do one audit per month
* See 670-INS-0024 to review how to do an audit
* See 160-TRN-0002 to review how to use IAudotor
- Send the report to the Health & Safety Coordinator and the Plant Manager
- If an imminent danger is observed,
> Immediately address with the Plant Manager and/or Health & Safety coordinator
Health & Safety coordinator
- Update the KPI (form 670-FRM-0040)
- Assess the level of risk observed and address with the Plant Manager
- Train the auditor
- Keeps the names of the ones who received the auditor training
Enter the following fields:
Step 3 - Observe
a) First contact * what do you see at first glance
Keep his/her workstation in good order<br> - floor is not slippery<br> - floor without cracks or holes<br> - no wires , hoses in his/her path<br> - uncluttered space<br> * everything is in its place
Acted without precipitation and is aware if his/her surroundings<br> - his/her movement and position in the work area
Pay attention where he/she places:<br> - his/her fingers , hands or any other body part
b) Body position , ergonomics *look for movements or gestures requiring extreme effort
Ensures good balance. <br> - no torsion of the back <br> - not unbalanced in any way<br> * weight balanced in each hand
Stretches, pulls , pushes beyond his / her capacity
stand up ( bent knees , straight back, lift items close to the body and if heavy, ask for help )
Adopt non-binding positions<br> - do not sneak between machines<br> - does not lay down or crawl on the floor, ..
Up / down stairs, steps, ladders (with 3 points of contact , facing the ladder, is aware of his / her feet position)
c) Tools and equipment * Using safely
In good condition
Right for the job
d) Standards and Procedures
Wears the required personal protective equipment (PPE)<br> - bump cap , hearing protection, safety shoes, etc.
Step 4 - Give feedback
Communicate best safe behavior observed
Step 5 - Influence without judgement
From your observations notes, ask the person about at risk behaviors observed and possible solution.
* example: Do you think it is safe to do....?