The hazard inspection must be conducted by a Supervisor and/or Safety and Health Representative and/or an employee, as follows:
1. For EVERY inspection requirement, indicate the item as Compliant (C), Non-Compliant (NC) or Not Applicable (N/A)
2. For every non-compliance identified, provide the location and a description in the comments section. Note: Include positive comments on section. Note: Include positive comments on compliance, not just negatives
3. Enter defects or non-compliances in the applicable site registers, i.e. electrical equipment defects must be entered into the Electrical Register
4. At inspection completion, discuss the non-conformances with the Area Superintendent and determine an action, completion date and responsible person - enter this in the agreed actions section of this form
5. Forward the completed inspection to the Safety Department
6. The Safety Department is to check that ALL identified non-conformances for that month have been corrected and or entered into INX.
Randomly select and inspect four hydraulic torqueing devices and record details
Hydraulic Tooling Record Details
Are all hydraulic tools inclusive of hydraulic pump pressure gauges, tool heads and master gauges recorded on the site calibration register?
Are calibration certificates available for all calibrations?
Is the tool head within its 6-months calibration requirement?
Is the pump and gauge within its 12-month calibration requirement?
Is the master gauge within its 12-months calibration requirement?
Is a logbook used to record usage and pre work inspections such as DM-PL-1030 Hydraulic Torqueing Device Log Book?
Does the pre-use inspection include:
• Hydraulic oil reservoir;
• Fittings ;
• Master gauge;
• Head calibration;
• Hose lines &
• Tool head are checked and recorded prior to use?
Are JHA’s completed prior to the use of hydraulic tooling?
Are Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) manuals available in English to employees? (Note manuals are required to be available)
Are sheaths fitted to all hose connection points?
Is spare hydraulic tooling available, including fittings and impact sockets on the project?
Is hydraulic tooling stored in a manner in which it won’t be damaged?
Does all hydraulic tooling clearly display its name plate, maximum torque and model number?
Are manual torque multipliers available for use? These are a banned tool and should be removed from service.
Is a copy of the pressure–torque conversion table available with the hydraulic tool?