1) Are fall protection devices used only where alternative means of providing a as platform are not available?
2) Are the correct fall protection devices being used relevant to the work being performed?
ie. edge protection, crash mats, safety nets, harnesses
3) Is adequate access provided to areas whee work at height is to be performed?
ie. ladder access, walkways free from obstruction etc.
4) Are harnesses provided only to those who have been identified as having harness training?
5) Are fall protection devices (ie. harnesses, safety nets, crash mats etc.) in good condition and free from defects?
6) Have all lanyards, harnesses, inertia reels etc. been LOLER inspected and tagged with the correct colour tag for the period?
7) Are all operatives using harnesses tied off to a secure point that is, as a minimum, at working height level or above?
8) Are the operatives familiar with the difference between fall arrest and fall restraint?
9) Are fall arrest lanyards being used where fall restraint should be used?
10) Do all employees in MEWPs stand firmly on the floor of the basket/platform and are they wearing a harness that is clipped on?