Parties maintain at least 6 feet distance apart from other parties at all times, including while waiting to be seated in the restaurant.
Make a hand sanitizing station available upon entry to the restaurant.
No tables of more than 6 people.
Do not leave condiments, silverware, flatware, glassware, or other traditional table top items on an unoccupied table
Provide condiments only upon request, and in single use (non-reusable) portions.
Use disposable menus (new for each patron)
If a buffet is offered, restaurant employees serve the food to customers.
Contactless payment is encouraged. Where not available, contact should be minimized.
Train all employees on appropriate cleaning and disinfection, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette.
Screen employees before coming into the restaurant:
Send home any employee who has any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19
Do not allow employees with the new or worsening signs or symptoms listed above to return to work until:
- In the case of an employee who was diagnosed with COVID-19, the individual may return to work when all three of the following criteria are met: at least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery (resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications); and the individual has improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath); and at least 7 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; or
- In the case of an employee who has symptoms that could be COVID-19 and does not get evaluated by a medical professional or tested for COVID-19, the individual is assumed to have COVID-19, and the individual may not return to work until the individual has completed the same three-step criteria listed above; or
- If the employee has symptoms that could be COVID-19 and wants to return to work before completing the above self-isolation period, the individual must obtain a medical professional’s note clearing the individual for return based on an alternative diagnosis.
Do not allow an employee with known close contact to a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19 to return to work until the end of the 14 day self-quarantine period from the last date of exposure (with an exception granted for healthcare workers and critical infrastructure workers).
Have employees wash or sanitize their hands upon entering the restaurant, and between interactions with customers.
Have employees maintain at least 6 feet separation from other individuals. If such distancing is not feasible, other measures such as face covering, hand hygiene, cough etiquette, cleanliness, and sanitation should be rigorously practiced.
If an employer provides a meal for employees, employers are recommended to have the meal individually packed for each employee.
Consistent with the actions taken by many restaurants across the state, consider having all employees wear cloth face coverings (over the nose and mouth). If available, employees should consider wearing non-medical grade face masks.
Consider having an employee manage and control access to the restaurant, including opening doors to prevent patrons from touching door handles.
Regularly and frequently clean and disinfect any regularly touched surfaces, such as doorknobs, tables and chairs.
Regularly and frequently clean restrooms, and document the cleanings.
Disinfect any items that come into contact with customers.
Make hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, soap and water, or similar disinfectant readily available to employees and customers.
Place readily visible signage at the restaurant to remind everyone of best hygiene practices.
Clean and disinfect the area used for dining (table, etc.) after each group of customers depart, including the disinfecting of tables, chairs, stalls, and countertops.
Clean and sanitize restaurants daily.