1.0 Is signage correct and positioned in clear view of workers and the public?
2.0 Are chemicals secured and labelled correctly?
3.0 Is correct mopping technique being applied?
4.0 Is PPE supplied and being used appropriately?
5.0 Has a compliance check been conducted on mechanical aides?
6.0 Is correct manpower being utilised during trolley movement?
- 2 persons for large dirty linen
- 1 for small dirty linen
- 1 for clean linen
- 2 for bed move or powered bed mover
7.0 Are power cables secured so they are not causing a trip hazard?
8.0 Is a suitable step stool or ladder being utilised for work at higher than normal reach levels?
9.0 Has the "below the elbow" policy been adhered to?
- No bracelets, wrist watches, rings (a single flat band is ok)
- Are sleeves above the elbow?
- Are nails short and clean, no nail polish or artificial nails?
- Has broken skin (cuts, dermatitis or abrasion) been covered with a waterproof film dressing?
- No long ties and lanyards. Use the retractable (or similar) ID card holders