This assessment is only to be completed once an employee is eligible to be assessed
Is the employee eligible to be assessed? (See Employee Development Plan for more information)
Ensure the employee is aware they are about to engage in an assessment to determine if they are eligible to transition into Pharmacy Assistant Level 1 Stage 2 duties.
Stage 1 Assessment
What is an appropriate response to Medical Emergency? P17F
1. Call for an ambulance if required, by dealing 000, particularly if the patient is unconscious
2. Check for any danger to others
3. If blood has been spilled, put on gloves and protective eyewear to prevent infection, prior to attending to the spill.
4. Check the patients response to voice commands
5. If conscious, ask whether the patient has suffered a similar episode before, and whether they have been prescribed medication for the condition.
6. Stay with the patient until relieved First Aid or medical assistance.
7. Help the Pharmacist complete an entry in the incident Register on the myweb intranet site as soon as possible to do so.
8. If the incident is likely to give rise to an insurance claim, notify loss prevention immediately.
How would you appropriately prevent shoplifting? P17I
1. If you see someone concealing an item from the pharmacy you should
a. Immediately approach them
b. Make eye contact with the customer and say "May I assist you with that (name the item) please Sir/Madam", without implying the theft has occurred
c. Keep the person under close observation until the item is paid for
2. If the puts the item back on the shelf, no action should be taken against them and the Retail Manager should be informed of the incident as soon as the person leaves the pharmacy
3. If the person attempts to leave the pharmacy without paying for the item, the pharmacy procedure for Apprehending Shoplifter should be followed.
4. If you suspect a person may be shoplifting, but have not actually witnessed them do it, follow the pharmacy procedure for Bag Inspections, where relevant.
5. Help the Retail Manager complete an entry in the Incident Register on the VPN as soon as possible to do so.
Please name another QCPP Policy used by the Pharmacy
- Armed Robbery Response P17A
- Apprehending Shoplifters P17J
- Accident Response P17E
- Responding to Fire P17D
- Extortion or Threatening Demand Response P17C
- Bomb Threat Response P17B
If you wish to return an item because you have changed your mind about your purchase, Chemist Warehouse will offer you an exchange or refund provided that:
1. You return the item within 7 days
2. You produce your original Chemist Warehouse register receipt, online tax invoice or other adequate proof of purchase at the time you return the item;
3. The item must not have been used or damaged in any way including that
- It is in its original packaging
- It is unopened, unused and in its original saleable condition
4. The product is not a Medicine, Baby Formula, Fragrance or Vitamin
Outline the Employee Purchases Policy
- Must only be processed by a Manager or Supervisor
- Must not be processed during working hours, unless otherwise approved by the Manager or Supervisor
- Must not be used to buy bulk quantities
- All discounts must not take the purchase below cost price
Re-merchandise an end from scratch
Look for the ability for the staff member to merchandise vertically whilst keeping a theme to the end.
Check to ensure Family Planning planogram is 100% up to date - if not, update it
Look for the ability for the staff to use MRM to find a planogram, select the right planogram, print the planogram and check (potentially update) the planogram.
Ensure ONE Healthy Break end is up to date, full, correct POS and signed properly
Look for the ability for a staff member to select a Healthy Break end, Print the appropriate planogram for it, know what is required in terms of POS and signage. If the end has low stock, ask the staff member to investigate why the stock is so low and if there is more stock on order.
Perform a script sale
Print one large and one small shelf label
Update the till
Communicate the Cost Price, Expected, Month to Date, On Order Quantity and preferred supplier for a specified PLU.
Can you identify is this PLU is in-stock or out of stock?
Also look for the ability of the staff member to check Netstore if applicable OR Alt-V
Print a product sticker
Demonstrate your ability to Pay an Account AND Pay by Account
Completely reprint signage for promotional end you re-merchandised earlier (please remember size, header and colours)
Look for the ability of the staff member to use the "header check" page of the promotional guide, follow appropriate size guides, clearance with header and green paper etc.
Effectively put away 1 box of stock
Look for the ability of the staff member to put stock away in the right spot, checking dual locations, security tag appropriately and managing excess.
Entirely face ONE chosen bay within the store