Client / Site
1. Equipment Hygiene:
- Pumps and valves.
- Mixing Equipment.
- Plant equipment eg. Homogeniser, plate packs, bactofuge etc.
Rate the standard of hygiene of the Process / Mixing Equipment:
Section 1: photo evidence / notes here:
2. Environmental Hygiene:
- Floor areas should be clean and not slippery under foot
- Drain baskets should be clean and in place
- Evidence of 'clean as you go' to keep area hygienic
- Low level and High level pipe work clean - no mould or mildew
Rate the standard of environmental hygiene in the Process / Mixing Area:
Section 2: photo evidence / notes here:
3. Personal Hygiene:
- Hands must be washed and sanitised on entry to process / mixing area. (Hands should be washed if hygiene compromised).
- No personal possessions or jewellery.
- Blue plasters only (must be covered by glove if on hand in medium areas).
- No eating of drinking permitted
Rate the level of compliance to the Personal Hygiene Policy demonstrated in the Process / Mixing area:
Section 3: photo evidence / notes here:
4. Clothing and PPE Requirements:
- White Captive coat worn as required (blue for engineers).
- Coats must be worn fully fastened up.
- Hairnets must be correctly worn by all, ears must be covered.
- Beard snoods must be worn by all with growth long enough to pinch. (Medium areas only).
- Safety boots, ear defenders and eye protection must be worn by all.
Rate the level of compliance to the Clothing and PPE requirements demonstrated in the Process / Mixing area:
Section 4: photo evidence / notes here:
5. Foreign Body Controls:
- Evidence of broken glass / brittle plastic
- Loose nuts and bolts found
- Missing nuts and bolts noted (ie empty gaps)
- Pest control issues including anything stored under fly killers
- Miscellaneous foreign bodies in area - ripped cardboard, wood, broken equipment, peeling labels, cable ties etc.
- Ingredient bags opened correctly, with no ripped or jagged edges, or small parts of bag likely to enter product.
Rate the level of foreign body control in the Process / Mixing area:
Section 5: photo evidence / notes here:
6. Engineering & Fabrication:
- Temporary fixes including any 'selotape' engineering.
- Damage to the processing / mixing equipment including rust and flaking paint
- Fabrication issues - focus on floor, walls, doors, ceiling.
- Lighting issues
Rate the level of engineering and fabrication issues:
Section 6: photo evidence / notes here:
7. Cleaning Equipment:
- Blue - finished product areas, food contact equipment
- Yellow / yellow bristles - finished product area, non-food contact equipment (small shadow boards)
- Yellow / black bristles - finished product area, floor use only (large shadow boards)
- Red - raw areas
- Single use cloths / green scourers discarded after use.
- Cleaning equipment clean and stored hygienically.
Rate the control / hygiene of cleaning equipment in use in Process / Mixing areas:
Section 7: photo evidence / notes here:
8. Records & Document Control:
- Document control visible
- No evidence of poor photocopying (missing text etc)
- Factory pens in use
- Records correctly filled out, in good condition, no crossings out and legible
- No staples in use
- Signed off by supervisor as required
Rate the standard of records and document control in Process / Mixing Area:
Section 8: photo evidence / notes here:
9. Packaging and Product Controls:
- Weighed out ingredients correctly labelled with traceability information.
- No evidence of product packaging being used incorrectly (pen pot, storing liquids).
- No over temperature tanks
- No old / over hours tanks.
Rate the compliance to packaging and product controls in Process / Mixing Area:
Section 9: photo evidence / notes here:
10. Chemical Controls:
- All chemicals correctly labelled
- Correct chemicals in use for application
- Chemical cabinets locked, chemicals stored correctly
- No obvious chemical leaks / oil leaks
- No excessive amounts on grease / lubricant
Rate the compliance to chemical controls in Process / Mixing Area
Section 10: photo evidence / notes here: