7) Do you have access to the following Health & Safety documents?
8) University Policy (Policies section University web page)
9) School Policy (Sept 2015 – green cover [available on School H&S website]
10) Relevant University H&S Services Policy & Advisory Notices if applicable to your office such as manual handling, ladder safety etc.
N.B. Documents 1 & 3 are available from the University Health & Safety website
Have appropriate tests been carried out for the following?
11) Visual Display Units
12) Manual Handling
13) Electrical testing (if 'no' indicate which items require testing)
Are the following adequate and in good working order?
16) General ventilation
Where fitted are the following services in good order?
20) Electrical supply
21) Gas supply
22) Water supply
23) Sink waste
25) Is the room clean and tidy?
26) Is general storage adequate?
27) Are the floor and are passages clear of obstruction?
Are the following in good order and suitable for the purpose
29) Work surface (desk/table/bench)
30) Shelving (wall mounted/cupboards)
31) File cabinets
32) Window blinds
How many of the following electrical items does the office contain:
33) Portable heater
If present, make sure the fridge is not set too high, i.e. temperature should be 1-3 centigrade.
38) Chargers/docking stations for portable devices
If present,, make the room occupants aware of guidance to turn off chargers, etc. when not in use, particularly over-night and weekends.
Personal Health Surveillance
If required have you been advised about the following Health checks? [Please note: Advice is given in the School Induction booklet and the School Health and Safety Policy available on the School H&S Intranet]:
39) Eye Test for Display Screen Equipment use