1) Is there a system for removal of red tag items?
0 = unwanted items in area
1 = unwanted items are tagged
2 = unwanted items are tagged and in red tag area
3 = all unwanted items are removed from the area and disposed of within 2 weeks
2) Are all tools/ equipment stored correctly within your area?
0 = tools lying around / equipment not put away
1 = some tools / equipment put away
2 = most tools / equipment put away
3 = no tools left out/ equipment put away after use
3) We all unwanted materials removed from the area?
0 = materials lying around after use by other shifts
1 = materials removed by end of shift
2 = materials removed within 4 hours from being complete
3 = materials returned & put away once run complete
4) Are cupboards / work surfaces clear of clutter?
0 = cupboards untidy / paperwork left lying around
1 = cupboards tidied / some cleaning being done
2 = cupboards tidy and some work surfaces are sorted
3 = cupboard tidy / work surfaces clear
5) As there clear standards for storage?
0 = no lines or markings defined for items on floor
1 = some line markings are done on floor
2 = most line markings are defined and on floor
3 = all items have positions marked on floor
6) Are bins correct, markings and colour?
0 = no definition for bins i.e. tea waste, carton waste
1 = some bins are marked and the correct colours
2 = most bins are marked and correctly coloured
3 = all bins are marked and correctly coloured
Total for Sort maximum 18
1) Are all materials / work in progress located correctly?
0 = materials not located within defined areas
1 = some materials within defined locations
2 = most materials within defined locations
3 = all materials within defined locations
2) Are tools / equipment identified and stored correctly?
0 = tools and equipment unmarked and left
1 = some tools / equipment marked and located
2 = most tools / equipment marked and located
3 = all tools / equipment marked and located
3) Are cleaning materials / utensils located and labelled correctly?
0 = brooms lying around, no cleaning station specified
1 = cleaning station in place but not used
2 = cleaning station in place and most tools / utensils in place
3 = cleaning station in place and all tools / utensils in place
4) Is all necessary P.P.E. stocked and in covered dispensers?
0 = no P.P.E. available and no places for storing it
1 = storage identified but not implemented. P.P.E. not covered
2 = storage in place but no P.P.E. available
3 = storage in place and stock available
5) Are ladders / P.A.V.'s / pallet trucks stored correctly?
0 = left out and no decision for storage
1 = storage areas defined but not being adhered to
2 = storage areas defined and labelled, 1 or 2 items left out
3 = all items stored and labelled, nothing left out of place
6) Have visual control standards been identified?
0 = no line markings or labels
1 = line markings defined, and started
2 = line markings and labels being placed in area but not everywhere
3 = line markings and labels in all areas
Total for Straighten maximum 18
1) Is the floor clean and free from debris / labels?
0 = floor messy and labels stuck down in numerous places
1 = floor been swept by last shift, labels stuck to floor
2 = floor mostly clear and labels have been removed
3 = floor clean and no labels stuck to floor
2) Is there a cleaning schedule in place and being adhered to?
0 = No cleaning schedule
1 = Cleaning schedule in place but not followed
2 = Cleaning schedule in place and has some signatures
3 = Cleaning schedule in place and being followed
3) Are machines / guards / conveyors and surrounding areas kept clean?
0 = Machines / guards / conveyors are dirty and surrounding area messy
1 = Machines / guards / conveyors and surrounding areas have signs of cleaning
2 = Machines / guards / conveyors clean surrounding areas need more cleaning
3 = Machines / guards / conveyors and surrounding areas clean
4) Are tea hoppers / machine tops / fork trucks clean and free from tape?
0 = no sign of cleaning and messy
1 = signs of minor cleaning
2 = cleaned occasionally
3 = cleaned regularly
5) Is underneath and inside machines kept clean and free from oil?
0 = underneath and inside machines dirty
1 = some cleaning evident but not regular
2 = cleaning occurring occasionally
3 = cleaned regularly
6) Are hoovers / filters / central vac system emptied and regularly cleaned?
0 = hoovers / filters / central vac system not empty or clean
1 = hoovers / filters / central vac system clean but not empty
2 = hoovers / filters / central vac system clean and emptied occasionally
3 = hoovers / filters / central vac system clean and emptied regularly
Total for Shine maximum 18