1. Is the SMS available and updated on board?
2. Have all crew on board signed the form "Confirmation of Understanding"?
3. Latest edition of policy for Health & Safety, Environment posted in vessel? (SMS chapter: 2 part: 1,2)
4. Acceptance of policies signed by all crew on board? (SMS chapter: 13 part: 2)
5. Is the Drug & Alcohol policy, Smoking policy and IT policy followed on board? (SMS chapter: 3 part: 3, 4, 5)
6. All crew certificates valid and in order on board? (SMS chapter: 6 part: 1)
7. Do the crew need any further training/courses. Suggestions? (SMS chapter: 6 part:2)
8. Have all passengers signed the form Safety Induction (13-3)? (SMS chapter: 7 part: 6)
9. Are drills conducted according to drill schedule on board? (SMS chapter: 8 part: 4)
10. Has an internal audit been conducted on board by an authorized person at the GDC office? (SMS chapter: 12 part: 3)
11. Are safety meeting being held on board and are records of these meetings available? (SMS chapter: 12 part: 3)
12. Are all crew on board familiar with the SMS reporting system and have all sent in reports been closed by an authorized person at the office? (SMS chapter: 9 part: 1)
13. Are all crew on board familiar with the Risk assessment system and are records of Risk assessments carried out available? (SMS chapter: 7 part: 1)
14. Is all PPE in good conditions and available on board? (SMS chapter: part: 24)
15. Is all garbage generated on board sorted and sent ashore to an apporved garbage collector? (SMS chapter: 7 part: 25)
16. Is all planned maintenance being carried out according to our procedures? (SMS chapter: 10 part: 1)
17. Does all new on signing crew receive a proper familiarization? (SMS chapter: 6 part: 4)
18. Do the crew meet their obligations on board the vessel on the river? (SMS chapter: 7 part: 5)
19. Are all required charts (paper/ECDIS) available on board and corrected? (SMS chapter: 7 part: 5)
20. Do all visitors/contractors sign the form Safety induction for visitors/contractors? (SMS chapter: 7 part: 7)
21. Do all procedures in the SMS reflect the actual work on board the vessel?
22. Is fire/safety plans up to date.
23. Are muster lists posted and up to date.
Report received by Designated Person
Name (Block letters)