Areas of Progression
Good= The Safety Champion is recognised and identified within their workplace.
Very Good = The Safety Champion demonstrates a consistent level of excellence regarding H&S.
Excellent = The Safety Champion gets more members of the workforce involved in H&S.
Innovation & Development Ideas?
• Are they identified on their PPE (Hard Hat Stickers)?
• Hi- Vi vest (OK to talk to me about safety)?
• Identified in the site Induction?
• Are other workforce aware of the safety champions in the workplace?
• Does the Safety Champion complete Safety observations (Both positive, areas for Improvement)?
• Is the Safety Champion recognised as an ambassador for H&S?
• Do more operatives and sub-contractors complete safety observations?
• Do they conduct a weekly tour?
Good = All H&S communication is relevant to the works being undertaken.
Very Good = The Safety Champion demonstrates methods of delivering H&S messages.
Excellent =The Safety Champion demonstrates different ways of delivering H&S messages.
What could we focus on next?
• Are Toolbox talks relevant and based on the risks associated with the works?
• Does the Safety Champion have any input and suggestions regarding the toolbox talks?
• Does the Safety Champion avoid delivering TBT's to a script or list?
• Does the safety Champion discuss the topic instead?
• Do they deliver briefings and TBT's in different ways?
• Do they make the TBT's memorable, interesting?
• Do they deliver the TBT's using visual aids, practical hands on delivery?
• Does the Safety Champion communicate regularly with WCL safety department (Email, phone TXT etc)
Good = The Safety Champion consistently Intervenes and discusses H&S with operatives and sub-contractors.
Very Good = The Safety Champion demonstrates how to Intervene effectively.
Excellent = The Safety Champion empowers others to discuss H&S.
Barriers / Areas for Improvement?
• Is the Safety Champion confident to challenge?
• Do they discuss good practice?
• Do they know the peoples names?
• Do they discuss H&S in a balanced manner?
• Do they discuss why H&S matters to the workforce?
• Do operatives and sub-contractors discuss H&S?
• Do they offer feedback and suggestions on H&S?
Discussion & Feddback
Comments and suggestions from the Auditor.
Safety Champion Feedback & Suggestions