As you know we started Sales Through Service about 18 months ago with a soft launch and an opt in approach with great buy in from engineers. This has now been rolled out nationally and there is great enthusiasm from customers and engineers, the business made the change from opting in, to it becoming everyone’s responsibility, because it is simply too much of an opportunity not to, and everyone across the customer service group is involved.
There is clear evidence that by making our customers aware of extra products and services Net Promoter Scores (NPS) and Customer Satisfaction scores improve.
We understand you will not be able to add value to every customer as they may be happy with their current package, or indeed they might have everything already, but we do expect you to identify qualifying customers and ensure they are aware of any discounts and offers available to them so they can decide if they want to sign up for any of them.
We also appreciate and understand that we are all different, and that one person may be totally at ease with the concept, others are uncomfortable, so start slow take your time, the support is there for you.
Sales Through Service is the biggest route to market across the business.
With the largest customer facing workforce in the business we can let our customers know about what they are eligible for whilst building value, and taking advantage of our fantastic offers.
Average NPS without adding value is 75%
*** By Inspiring our people to achieve great ***
Average NPS with adding value to one customer is 80%
Since Launching STS
Not adding value - NPS - 77.4%
With added value - NPS - 79.5%
Increase of 2.1%
Not adding value - NPS - 77.4%
With added value - NPS - 89.8%
Increase of 12.4%
Not adding value - NPS - 68.8%
With added value - NPS - 77.7%
Increase of 8.9%
- Check iKnow 2 daily to unsure that you are fully aware of the offers
- Check any sales tips / briefs sent out by TM / Covering TM
- Check each customer package details – make notes to help you remember before the visit
- Identify what you can offer to our customers (looking at STS current offers)
- When setting ETA with customers you may want to highlight to your customer about offers they can ask you about when you visit their property, is the account holder going to be home?
- Personalised text message – outlining services/package that customer don’t currently have – highlighting offer that can be added on site (Optional)
- When on site – engage with your customer / exploring the customers world (household)
- Develop your own personal method on how to introduce their package and offers that are available to them
- Your Team Manager/Covering Team Manager is always available for any support/advice you require
- You can also approach your regional ambassador/regional champion for support
- Your team members and colleagues across the business - share best practise
- iKnow 2 has all relevant information for Sale Through Service
- If you are unsure about offer/customer package – ring RST option 3 who can help you with billing or current offers on customers account.