Hospital Theatre Setting
- Theatre 1
- Theatre 2
- Theatre 3
- Theatre 4
- Theatre 5
- Theatre 6
- Theatre 7
- Theatre 8
- Ears, Nose, Throat
- Maxillo Facial
How would you describe this list
Who is the named Consultant for this List/Case?
Where was the Theatre Briefing conducted? ie. anaesthetic room, corridor etc
Is there a sign-posted protected area for the team briefing?
Anaesthetic Practitioner (ODP/Nurse)
Surgical Scrub Lead Practitioner / Team Leader
Health Care Assistant
How many other scrub nurses and circulating staff are present
Are there other personnel present?
1. Planned Surgical Procedure for all patients discussed?
2. Order of the list confirmed/discussed
What is the reason?
3. Have all patients been seen by the anaesthetist?
4. Has equipment (including prosthesis & monitoring) been discussed and available
5. Have any issues been identified?
6. Have any post-operative requirements or special investigations been raised for any of the patients?
7. A team member is given responsibility to follow up any issues raised
8. A scribe is nominated to track QI issues during the list for follow up
9. Team members asked to summarise cases and any anticipated issues to close briefing.
Score ONE point if
All key staff are present introduced to each other and roles specified
All patients are discussed and cases reviewed in order of list
Any equipment and staffing issues are reviewed
Post operative requirements are stated clearly and a plan executed for optimal flow (e.g. ICU beds)
Team members are actively listening and encouraged to ask any questions, raise concerns, or give summaries to conclude briefing.