1) Is dangerous ground clearly marked, identified and barricaded?
2) Is the location of dangerous ground communicated to work force?
3) Are unstable faces barricaded?
4) Is ROM pad face undercut?
5) Are the ramps to design width?
6) Are the ramps built to standard gradient?
7) Are the windrows on ramps at least half the height of the biggest dump truck tire?
8) Are the haul roads in reasonable condition and free of spillages?
9) Are there sufficient white posts with reflectors along haul roads?
10) Do the roads have a well – maintained running surface?
11) Are the windrows half the height of the largest truck tire on site?
12) Are V drain used as a guide only?
13) Are the windrows free from large rocks?
14) Are adequate V-drains in place where appropriate?
15) Is lighting positioned to show windrow to truck drivers?
16) Are dumping areas well illuminated?
17) Is the dump face free from any slumping?
18) Is the tip head free from any cracks?
19) Are the trucks queuing correctly?
20) Are the pit floors at the correct level and is there sufficient evidence of regular level checks?
21) Is lighting in the correct position for the crew?
22) Are all open faces windrowed off?
23) Is the housekeeping in pits kept to the standards?
24) Are the E zone cones and written sign boards in place for interface mining?
25) Are machines allowing for the correct distance between them?
26) Is machinery parked away from faces and edges?
27) Are “Rights of way” observed?
28) Are the Equipment parked on specified locations during blasting and meal time and is LV and HME parking areas properly demarcated?
29) Are batter angles to design?
30) Is loose material battered down?
31) Is the face free from any overhang?
32) Are all open edges protected by windrow / V-drains able to stop the traffic which is using the area from going over the edge?
33) Is the face and berms free of large rocks?
34) Hydrocarbon - Are spill kits available and all hydrocarbon spills reported and attended to?
35) Waste-management - Is housekeeping in the pit satisfactory and are all waste segregated in the correct colour-coded skips?
36) Air Quality, Noise and Vibration - Is dust sufficiently suppressed in the working area?
37) Is the general safety procedures and standards being followed and are the working areas free from major hazards and risks?
38) Are all geotechnical hazard clearly identified, marked and communicated to all employees?
39) Explosives - Are charged patterns demarcated and access control maintained?
40) Explosives - Are explosive types stored separately in transportation and on floor?
41) Voids - Are people observing mining through UG areas procedures and using fall arrest harness whilst working inside void areas?
42) Voids - Have all people working in pits classified as void areas tagged and got valid void tags?
43) Voids - Are all voids demarcated on dig plans and flagged in field?
44) Voids - Are 12hr settling periods observed for blasts in void areas?