1. Are only certified operators performing ground engine runs? (Special Certification Roster)
2. Is a fire bottle readily available on the spot?
3. Have all engine inlet/exhaust covers and pitot covers been removed? Have engine inlet/exhaust inspections been performed prior to and after maintenance engine runs?
4. Has a FOD check been conducted on the trim pad or parking spot where the engine run is to take place?
5. Is a fire guard posted at the fire bottle? Are they familiar with the fire bottle and do they know proper fire fighting techniques?
6. Is ground to cockpit/flight deck communication established, when applicable? Is proper hearing protection used by all personnel in the area?
7. Are personnel clear of all inlets, exhausts, ad RF areas?
8. Is appropriate lighting available during hours of darkness?
9. Has a request for ground engine run been granted by Air Traffic Control?
10. Are tech data and/or checklists readily available and referenced?