Site compliance Audit
- Re - Survey
- Blind Re-Survey
Brief Description of Work
Technical Ability to perform witnessed activity
- Able to name all 6 asbestos types
- Able to give examples of materials containing asbestos
- Aware of the health effects of asbestos (discussed)
- Demonstrates a higher level of understanding on Asbestos
- Aware of company procedures (discussed)
- Aware of Guidance HSG 264 (discussed)
- Aware CAR 2012 (discussed)
- Aware of UKAS requirements (discussed)
- Aware of legal responsibility (discussed)
- Mask in good condition
- Mask paperwork up to date
- Work boots in good condition
- Ladders in good condition and up to date
- Other (Hard hat, glasses ect) all in good condition
- Professional approach to work
- Well turned out, company clothing or smart
- Good communication with client or site staff
- On time
- Good attitude
Action to close out
Has the Auditee accepted the findings raised during the audit and agreed to the corrective actions
pre - start Health & Safety Assessment
Is the Plan of work including the risk assessment (RA) on site
Scope of work reviewed?
Has the Plan of work (POW) been thoroughly planed by the PM?
Is the scope of work fit for purpose?
Before start, all limitations accepted and understood, does the surveyor fully understand what they are doing?
Risk assessment completed and signed on arrival?
Is the POW being used over several days / several sites; if so, relevance of RA and limitations
Are all significant risks identified with suitable controls detailed within HSP 01?
Are there any high risk activities? i. e. Work @ height, work in confined spaces. If so are they properly planned and are they being conducted in accordance with method statement?
Has the on site analyst / Surveyor completed all necessary pre - start inspections of equipment and all labelled correctly?
Mask paperwork Checked
Tool box checked
Does the analyst / Surveyor have all necessary PPE / RPE and is it being used correctly?
Are safe access/egress routes available and are they free from trip and fall hazards?
If not; is the on site analyst / Surveyor reliant on other contractors for safe access? If so, is this safe and sufficient for the task?
Is the on site analyst / Surveyor wearing all company issued uniform?
General knowledge about asbestos, asbestos types, health effects, control limits, RPE and mask APF reviewed?
Site Sampling - Air Monitoring Assessment
- Basic Air Monitoring
- CAT 1 Clearance
- CAT 2 Clearance
- CAT 3 Clearance
- Basic Air Monitoring
- CAT 1 Clearance
- CAT 2 Clearance
- CAT 3 Clearance
Is lab location suitable i.e. clean, good seating and lighting.?
Has lab air test been completed in last seven days?
Is ALL equipment in date with calibration sticker in place?
All in good working order?
Are all sample cowls protected correctly?
Is microscope set up correctly as described in QSOP 1 to achieve Kohler illumination?
Band 5 checked by Analyst and visible? (Auditor to confirm)
Measured Graticule checked?
Aware of how to adjust all parts for type of microscope used?
Is the analyst aware that they are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the kit which is in use is in date and fit for purpose
Aware that field blank must be completed for all Air Monitoring jobs (each day)
Are all RA documents current and completed correctly with all calculations checked?
Is analyst able to calculate reported results using full formula?
Is sampling pump set up correctly with filter mounted in clean head and sample head positioned at correct height?
All measurements time/ flow taken correctly and recorded on site paperwork?
Have slides been cleared in accordance's with QSOP1 and HSG 248 i.e. slides have been mount correctly are clear with no paper still visible and are relatively un-distorted
Are slides stored correctly in a slide box and information recorded on slide correctly, including slide box sticker?
Aware that slide boxes must be returned to accredited office and not stored on site?
Does analyst know what their issuing office is and recording correctly on RA forms.?
Does analyst understand QSOP 1 for completing TWA personal monitoring?
Copy of relevant documentation available on site?
General discussion regarding sampling strategies, different types of sampling – re: HSG 248 Chapter 5? / current legislation /limits of detection and problem situations
Aware of Entry and exit procedure as outlined in QSOP1
Can the Analyst explain the WHO counting rules and other potential issues with counting?
Analyst's Monthly QC up to date ? (check with PC)
Review of paperwork at QC stage; have any anomalies been identified?
Four Stage Clearance Testing Assessment
Has analyst carried out a review of the contractors risk assessment/scope of works and established if it has been complied with - Analyst aware how to proceed if this is not available on site?
Analyst aware that ALC to complete initial visual assessment?
Inspection of work areas, CCTV or viewing panel to be aware of wet areas, settled dust, waste etc.?
Inspect airlocks for all required items?
Inspect DCU for all required items?
Inspect along transit routes?
All adjacent areas including location of NPU?
Waste storage areas?
Pumps set up in lab?
Entry/exit procedures to enclosure correct. Make sure water and vacuum cleaner available for exit. (As described in QSOP 1)
Analyst carried out visual inspection to a satisfactory standard?
Min equipment torch, mirror, sharp item.
Use of torch at angle to check for settled dust?
All fibre retaining materials removed or excluded from visual?
All plant within area inspected as part of visual?
Is there any evidence of sealants/encapsulants which have been used prior to the visual that has not been agreed with either the PM or the client?
Is the analyst aware what to do in this situation?
Understands how to proceed with the contractor if they refuses to co-operate whilst undertaking minor remedial works
Communicates with ALC for minor cleaning, aware of level of cleaning before stage 2 fail?
That under no circumstances should the analyst undertake any cleaning whilst in the enclosure
NPU Pre filter changed and capped?
Discuss how to work out No of samples for both m2/m3 ?
Understands how to pool samples?
Distribution of samples suitable? (dead spots)
Disturbed air test 1.5 min per sample while pumps running. Long handle for >20 m2?
Bristles in brush or broom solid with un-feathered tips
Flow rate checked on completion of tests?
Decontamination of equipment in airlock?
Understands how to offset LOD to report @<0.01?
Aware of No of samples to report >0.01 but <0.015?
Completed all areas checked listed in stage 2?
Aware of level of visual inspection for stage 4?
Aware that the DCU and a H-Vac should still be present until S4 is complete?
Aware of when to undertake Reassurance Air Test at stage 4?
All RA documents filled out correctly. Understands that each stage must be signed at the time each stage completed.(Calculations and all entries need to be checked)
Aware how to report stage fail and repeat a particular stage?
Understand how to report all remaining ACMs on form RA03?
Hygiene Facility Clearance witnessed and satisfactory?
Analyst questioned about problem situations that can be encountered during clearance works?
All four stages not witnessed, detailed discussion regarding other elements of test to be completed. (For new approvals first 3 stages MUST be witnessed)
Is the Analyst / Surveyor aware of the company’s commitment to Its environmental performance?
Is the Analyst / Surveyor aware of the Standard that we operate to (ISO14001)?
Where to find its policies?
Does the analyst car share or use public transport where possible?
- All asbestos waste Double Bagged
- Properly sealed
- Identifiable as waste
- Being disposed of appropriately on return from site
Where electrical equipment is used is it Turned off when not in use?
If site activities include air monitoring of atmosphere for substance release is the Analyst following company procedures? (i.e. background, leak testing)
Are there any aspects to our work may cause environmental issues?
Does the surveyor / analyst have any suggestions on how Redhills can further reduce its Environmental impact?
Non-Conforming Works Report
List of Non - compliance
Non - conformance Details
Corrective Action Required
Timescale / Priority
- Quality - Accommodation and environment / Close out of previous technical audits / Client confidentiality / Internal Quality control / Independence Impartiality & Integrity / Document Control
- Reporting - Document Control / Opinions and interpretation / RA Certificates
- Equipment Calibration Control - Ladder (out of date / Damaged ) / Electrical Equipment - (out of date / Damaged ) / General Kit - (Items missing / out of date / Damaged )
- PPE - Boots (not worn, insufficient / Damaged ) Cut proof gloves - ( not worn, insufficient / Damaged ) / General Kit - ( not worn, insufficient )
- RPE - not worn / not clean shaven / incomplete - insufficient / out of date RPE check sheet
- Handling of Samples - contaminated tools / Other / poor technique
- Site Documentation - HSP 01 missing or incomplete / Wrong issue number or missing documents / Relevant QSOP's missing or incorrect issue
- Contract Review / Services to the client - Risk assessment (not present - inadequite / not signed / other) / Method statement - (no plan of work / POW inadequate / Other )
- Site work - staff training / Quality Procedures - Missed asbestos / Sample - Site operations (unsafe site conditions / DCU / Transit issues - Working unsafely (other)
Audit report notes