Site compliance Audit
- Re - Survey
- Blind Re-Survey
Brief Description of Work
Technical Ability to perform witnessed activity
- Able to name all 6 asbestos types
- Able to give examples of materials containing asbestos
- Aware of the health effects of asbestos (discussed)
- Demonstrates a higher level of understanding on Asbestos
- Aware of company procedures (discussed)
- Aware of Guidance HSG 264 (discussed)
- Aware CAR 2012 (discussed)
- Aware of UKAS requirements (discussed)
- Aware of legal responsibility (discussed)
- Mask in good condition
- Mask paperwork up to date
- Work boots in good condition
- Ladders in good condition and up to date
- Other (Hard hat, glasses ect) all in good condition
- Professional approach to work
- Well turned out, company clothing or smart
- Good communication with client or site staff
- On time
- Good attitude
Action to close out
Has the Auditee accepted the findings raised during the audit and agreed to the corrective actions
pre - start Health & Safety Assessment
Is the Plan of work including the risk assessment (RA) on site
Scope of work reviewed?
Has the Plan of work (POW) been thoroughly planed by the PM?
Is the scope of work fit for purpose?
Before start, all limitations accepted and understood, does the surveyor fully understand what they are doing?
Risk assessment completed and signed on arrival?
Is the POW being used over several days / several sites; if so, relevance of RA and limitations
Are all significant risks identified with suitable controls detailed within HSP 01?
Are there any high risk activities? i. e. Work @ height, work in confined spaces. If so are they properly planned and are they being conducted in accordance with method statement?
Has the on site analyst / Surveyor completed all necessary pre - start inspections of equipment and all labelled correctly?
Mask paperwork Checked
Tool box checked
Does the analyst / Surveyor have all necessary PPE / RPE and is it being used correctly?
Are safe access/egress routes available and are they free from trip and fall hazards?
If not; is the on site analyst / Surveyor reliant on other contractors for safe access? If so, is this safe and sufficient for the task?
Is the on site analyst / Surveyor wearing all company issued uniform?
General knowledge about asbestos, asbestos types, health effects, control limits, RPE and mask APF reviewed?
Bulk Analysis Assessment
- No Asbestos Detected
- No Asbestos Detected
Has analyst set up PLM microscope correctly as described in the In- House procedures?
Has analyst passed Ishihara Eye test? If no, clarify situation in comments.
Analyst conversant with the procedures for the safe use of the fume cabinet and its operation?
Dust Cabinet Register completed; Aware of min airflow and daily housekeeping?
Cargille liquids in date?
Aware of company procedure for monthly checks and expiry date and how to record them?
Analysts aware of Emergency Procedures and how to locate them, Including Spill kit?
Analyst conversant with the techniques for preparation of samples for analysis in accordance with HSG 248?
Analyst conversant with “typical” contents/proportions of asbestos in commonly manufactured products?
Is there sufficient preparation equipment available for preparation?
Is the analyst aware of the number of points per sample type and maximum number that can be undertaken within a day before additional quality rechecks are required
Is the analyst aware of the percentage of samples that require re-checking when the maximum number of samples has been exceeded?
Have at least 25 audit bulk samples been analysed to a satisfactory standard, with all six types analysed in last calendar year?
Sample analysis witnessed
Each element of analysis completed correctly with PLM set up correctly for each phase?
Aware of No. of sub samples for negative samples and time to spend for each?
Lab tracker completed correctly and all sections legible?
Analyst questioned on the content of HSG 248 Appendix 2 including all potential problems?
Can the Analyst use paper based forms as well as Lab tracker to record information?
Is the Analyst / Surveyor aware of the company’s commitment to Its environmental performance?
Is the Analyst / Surveyor aware of the Standard that we operate to (ISO14001)?
Where to find its policies?
Does the analyst car share or use public transport where possible?
- All asbestos waste Double Bagged
- Properly sealed
- Identifiable as waste
- Being disposed of appropriately on return from site
Where electrical equipment is used is it Turned off when not in use?
If site activities include air monitoring of atmosphere for substance release is the Analyst following company procedures? (i.e. background, leak testing)
Are there any aspects to our work may cause environmental issues?
Does the surveyor / analyst have any suggestions on how Redhills can further reduce its Environmental impact?
Non-Conforming Works Report
List of Non - compliance
Non - conformance Details
Corrective Action Required
Timescale / Priority
- Quality - Accommodation and environment / Close out of previous technical audits / Client confidentiality / Internal Quality control / Independence Impartiality & Integrity / Document Control
- Reporting - Document Control / Opinions and interpretation / RA Certificates
- Equipment Calibration Control - Ladder (out of date / Damaged ) / Electrical Equipment - (out of date / Damaged ) / General Kit - (Items missing / out of date / Damaged )
- PPE - Boots (not worn, insufficient / Damaged ) Cut proof gloves - ( not worn, insufficient / Damaged ) / General Kit - ( not worn, insufficient )
- RPE - not worn / not clean shaven / incomplete - insufficient / out of date RPE check sheet
- Handling of Samples - contaminated tools / Other / poor technique
- Site Documentation - HSP 01 missing or incomplete / Wrong issue number or missing documents / Relevant QSOP's missing or incorrect issue
- Contract Review / Services to the client - Risk assessment (not present - inadequite / not signed / other) / Method statement - (no plan of work / POW inadequate / Other )
- Site work - staff training / Quality Procedures - Missed asbestos / Sample - Site operations (unsafe site conditions / DCU / Transit issues - Working unsafely (other)
Audit report notes