1. Does the driver hold the appropriate current licence and had necessary instruction or training to operate the vehicle as tasked?
2. Is the vehicle fit for purpose (without defects/ roadworthy, appropriate for the working environment/ suitable for tasks performed/ functioning seat belts)?
3. Is the company vehicle fitted with required safety features as necessary (e.g. In Vehicle Monitoring System (IVMS), wheel nut indicators for commercial vehicles)?
4. Is the company vehicle properly identified, including 1800 (0800) SAFELY stickers?
5. Does the vehicle have appropriate load restraint systems and/or cargo barriers in place/available as necessary?
6. Has the driver completed required pre-start safety checks and does the vehicle condition match the pre-start check? (Note: any safety critical items should result in non-use of vehicle)
7. Is the vehicle within designated service interval?
8. Are risk assessment controls implemented effectively for off-road and/or remote work activities (e.g. emergency & repair equipment, GPS, off-road jacks, winches, first aid, firefighting, communication equipment, spare tyres)?
9. Has the driver completed Journey Management Plans for defined “high risk” journeys?
10. Has the driver been provided regular feedback (positive/ corrective) from supervisor on safe driving behaviours (e.g. via IVMS data)?
11. Are there systems in place to minimise “line of fire” interactions between vehicles and pedestrians (e.g. during reversing, reverse parking, segregation, traffic management plan)?
12. Is the driver aware of company and client requirements around distracted driving (e.g. using mobile phones, hands free capability, etc.)?
13. Do all riders and passengers of two wheeled vehicles and quad bikes have access, wear and appropriately store approved helmets, enclosed footwear, trousers, long sleeve jackets and protective eyewear?