1. Has the atmosphere been tested and is it within the defined safe range?
2. Are ventilation systems implemented effectively to ensure adequate ventilation, e.g. Dilution or Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV)?
3. Have ignition sources been eliminated where a flammable atmosphere exists?
4. Have controls associated with engulfment been implemented effectively?
5. Is the gas monitor calibrated and bump tested prior to use?
6. Is correct confined space entry equipment available and tested to the relevant standard, e.g. harnesses and rescue equipment?
7. Has a risk assessment been completed and controls implemented effectively?
8. Has an entry permit been issued for each confined space entry and controls implemented effectively?
9. Are all employees involved in the confined space work suitably trained and assessed as competent?
10. Are all energy sources controlled and locked out?
11. Are all entry points to the identified confined space signposted and barricaded off to prevent unauthorised entry?
12. Can the standby person (attendant) maintain continuous communication with employees working in the confined space?
13. Are controls associated with other work party interactions implemented effectively? (e.g. other workers, plant and equipment)
14. Is there a documented rescue and emergency plan available on site and are all work parties aware of the agreed process?
15. Is rescue equipment set up or available on site?